A PAN card is required when depositing Income Tax, filing Income Tax Returns (ITR), opening a bank account, opening a demat account and applying for a debit or credit card.
For all people, having a Pan Card as well as Aadhaar Card has become very important for a person. Without these two cards, no financial transaction can be completed. With the help of Aadhar card, e-PAN will be issued in minutes. We are going to tell you some important things before making PAN card, which will make you very easy.
What is PAN card
The PAN card has a 10 digit number, which the Department of Income Tax issues. Today, first of all, we know what works require a PAN card and after that we will also know how to get a PAN card from home.
This is how you will get instant e-PAN card
According to the Income Tax Department, it takes about 10 minutes to issue an e-PAN card through Aadhaar card under the instant PAN facility. So far about 7 lakh PAN cards have been issued under this facility.
PAN card can be made for free
Pancard is also issued through NSDL and UTITSL. But both these institutions charge some fee for this facility. On the other hand, if you apply PAN card through the income tax department portal, then you do not have to pay any fee.
PAN CARD will be available in PDF format
The person applying for PAN card will get PAN card in PDF format. It will have a QR code. In this, your important information like your name, date of birth, photo, etc. will be there. You have to download your e-PAN. On completion of the application process, you will get a 15-digit Acknowledgment Number. A soft copy of your PAN card will also be sent to your mail ID.
This is the way to get PAN card for free
1. First of all, go to https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home.
2. Here you will see the option of Instant PAN through Aadhaar on your left side. Click it.
3. After that a new page will open where you will see the option of Get New Pan. Click this too
4. Now on the new page, you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar Card Number. Enter your Aadhaar number here and tick 'I Confirm'.
5. OTP will come on your registered mobile phone. Verify it by putting it on the site.