Mazar-e-Sharif. The Taliban attacked the army camp near the Northern City of Mazar-e-Sharif in Afghanistan in which more than 50 soldiers died. The attackers wear in the uniforms of Afghan military. Mazar-e-Sharif is the capital of the Balk Province.
10 Assailants attacked ...
According to the News Agency, the attack on the Army base in the Balk Province occurred on Friday. The 10 assailants fired in a demolition, after which two assailants blew themselves. In the counter action of the Afghan commandos, 7 assailants were killed while one was captured.
- US military spokesperson said, "More than 50 Afghan soldiers died in the Taliban assault."
An Afghanistan official said, "The attackers had worn the Afghan Army uniform, so they did not have any problem in passing the checkpost, that's why they reached the Army camp."
The soldiers who were praying in the mosque
- US General John Nicholson, commander of NATO's Resolute Support Operations, said: "The attack was carried out on the people who were offering Namaz in a Mosque. 209th corps of the Afghan Army were also targeted who were eating food.”
- Afghan Defense Ministry spokesperson Davlat Waziri told that an attacker has been captured alive. There are dozens of soldiers injured in the attack.
According to a reporter, several military helicopters were seen carrying soldiers’ body from the spot during the attack.
The attack was earlier in March also
- The Taliban issued a statement and took responsibility for the attack on Army camps. Earlier, the army was targeted in March this year in Afghanistan.
- Nearly 8,400 soldiers in the US are currently posted in Afghanistan. While there are about 5,000 NATO soldiers. This country has long been in the possession of the Taliban and other Islamic militants.